European paper and board production follows the EU economy downward trend in 2019Written by Ian Melin-Jones
Cepi is the European association representing the paper industry.
We offer a wide range of renewable and recyclable wood-based fibre solutions to EU citizens: from packaging to textile, hygiene and tissue products, printing and graphic papers as well as speciality papers, but also bio-chemicals for food and pharmaceuticals, bio-composites and bioenergy.
We are a responsible industry: 92% of our raw materials are sourced in Europe and certified as sustainable, 91% of the water we use is returned in good condition to the environment. We are the world champion in recycling at the rate of 71,6%. At the forefront of the decarbonisation and industrial transformation of our economy, we embrace digitalisation and bring 20 billion value addition to the European economy and €5.5 billion investments annually.
Through its 18 national associations, Cepi gathers 500 companies operating 895 mills across Europe and directly employing more than 180,000 people.
Latest from Ian Melin-Jones
- ANDRITZ to deliver DCS checkout and operator training simulator for Klabin’s Puma II project, Brazil
- ANDRITZ launches the new tissue machine PrimeLineVRT – Vertical CrescentFormer – for dry crepe tissue
- ABB launches new Optical Consistency Transmitter sensors to improve retention measurement
- Building success together
- Valmet to supply the final stage of forming section rebuild to Stora Enso’s Skoghall Mill in Sweden