Saica Group improves its offer of 100% recycled and sustainable papers.
- Nature Kraft, is a 100% recycled paper that is an alternative to traditional kraftliners due to its high physical-mechanical performance and similar appearance to virgin fibre.
- The new basis weights satisfy the increasing demand for sustainable packaging, with high print quality, whilst also promoting the circular economy.
Saica Paper, the Saica Group business division that produces recycled paper for corrugated, expands the basis weights of Nature Kraft from 115 g/m2 to 245 g/m2. Nature Kraft, a 100% recycled paper is an alternative to traditional kraftliners due to its high physical-mechanical performance and similar appearance to virgin fibre. With this product development Saica signals its commitment to sustainable and innovative solutions, that respond to the increasing demand for environmentally friendly products which, at the same time, provide high print quality.
The extension of basis weights is the result of innovative technology, designed specifically to engineer new solutions in a market in constant change, whilst also offering a solution to the needs of high-quality sustainable packaging that will help progress in the aims of the circular economy.
These papers respond to the environmental requirements of final customers-brands, helping reinforce their image while moving towards environmentally friendly and sustainable goals. The Nature Kraft range is characterised by:
- Ease of use in corrugating and exceptional performance
- Suitable for dry food contact
- FSC® certified
- Optimal print quality, allowing a wide range of finishing and packaging customisation.
The new higher basis weights are suitable for more demanding applications, such as the agriculture sector. The new lower basis weight, 115g/m2, is designed to be broadly used in the food and retail sectors and allows a higher optimisation of resources by substantially reducing the weight of packaging whilst providing equivalent, or better, performance than papers of higher basis weights.