Paper industry’s recycling performance reaches highest level ever in 2019Written by Super User
Cepi is the European association representing the paper industry. We offer a wide range of renewable and recyclable wood-based fibre solutions to EU citizens: from packaging to textile, hygiene and tissue products, printing and graphic papers as well as speciality papers, but also bio-chemicals for food and pharmaceuticals, bio-composites and bioenergy.
We are a responsible industry: 92% of our raw materials are sourced in Europe and certified as sustainable, 91% of the water we use is returned to the environment, in good condition. We are the world champion in recycling at the rate of 71,6%. At the forefront of the decarbonisation and industrial transformation of our economy, we embrace digitalisation and bring 20 billion value addition to the European economy and €5.5 billion investments annually.
More information about our sustainability performance here.
Through its 18 national associations, Cepi gathers 500 companies operating 895 mills across Europe and directly employing more than 180,000 people.
Latest from Super User
- ANDRITZ successfully starts up a new HERB recovery boiler at Kuantum Papers Limited, India
- The world's largest drum pulper: Voith presents IntensaDrum Duo for production volumes of 3,000 tons of paper per day
- Valmet to deliver new evaporation plant to Södra Cell Mönsterås pulp mill in Sweden
- Sappi Europe announces price rise for all Coated & Uncoated paper grades in Europe by 7-10%
- ABB’s new digital sheet break analysis helps maximize operational performance to improve production and profitability in paper mills